Pages

Search This Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

How to protect us against internet frauds and scams?

I have started posting the topics which would hopefully help the internet users like as internet use, fraud, scams and other useful links. Because I remember wasting more than one year with pay per click scams and I wanted net surfers to learn more about the net. There are some sites which can help us protect against internet frauds and scams. I would be reviewing those sites in a series of posts. So keep checking for the updated posts.

Fraud.org is from the National Consumer's League's Fraud Center, which has helped millions of consumers avoid internet scams. The Fraud Center is operated by the National Consumers League, America’s oldest nonprofit consumer organization.

Mission:
'Our mission is to give consumers the information they need to avoid becoming victims of telemarketing and Internet fraud and to help them get their complaints to law enforcement agencies quickly and easily.'

How it works?

You can find the answers of these questions from the link above:
How do I file a complaint?
What if my complaint isn’t about telemarketing or Internet fraud?
What information do I need to make a complaint?
I’m a seller and a buyer has ripped me off. Can I complain to the Fraud Center?
How do I know that the Fraud Center received my complaint?
Can I add more information to my complaint after I submit it?
Why do you ask for my year of birth ?
What happens with my complaint?
How can I get my money back?
Can I check with the Fraud Center about a seller or company?
How can I tell if something might be a scam?
What if I report something and it turns out not to be a scam?
Can I get a lawyer and sue the seller or company?
How do I know if someone who says they want to help me is legitimate?

Someone I know is a victim of telemarketing or Internet fraud. What can I do?
I think I’m a victim of identity theft. Can I report that to the Fraud Center

No comments:

Post a Comment